Athlete Village Welcome Party
- Saturday, August 3
- Athlete parade line-up/team photos in Spartan Stadium at 7:30 am
- Opening ceremonies in Ralph Young Stadium begin at 8:00 am
- The opening ceremonies focus on a welcome to all participants. Spectators are encouraged to attend and cheer for their favorite athletes and teams. Of course, the ceremonies will feature a parade of athletes.
- Parade order will be: (a) the pioneers of dwarf sports who competed in the first ever sanctioned sport competition in 1985 where athletes with dwarfism were recognized as a unique classification; (b) dwarf athletes who have competed in the Paralympic Games; and (c) the athletes, chefs de mission, coaches and other delegation staff, with countries entering the stadium in alphabetical order.
- All parade participants must assemble at 7:30 am in Spartan Stadium (use the southwest entry) for team photos before marching to Ralph Young Stadium.
Invitation-Only VIPs/Paralympian Reception
- Saturday, August 3, 7:00 pm, Kellogg Center
- The invitation-only VIP/Paralympian Reception will provide an opportunity for local government officials, university representatives, and games sponsors to meet Paralympic dwarf athletes.
- Saturday, August 3, 8:00 pm, Kellogg Center
- All registered athletes and all registered non-athletes are welcome to attend the Opening Reception. Hors d'ouervres and beverages will be served.
- Saturday, August 10, 4:00 pm, Breslin Center
- Enjoy a recap of the week of competition and fun, presentation of basketball awards, and much more!
- Saturday, August 10, 7:00 pm, Kellogg Center
- Cocktails begin at 7:00, seating for dinner at 7:45, and dinner at 8:00. Participants must have purchased a banquet ticket as part of their games registration to attend.
- Saturday, August 10, 9:00 pm until midnight
- The dance is open to World Dwarf Games participants and other members of the dwarf community.
Scott Danberg, USA flagbearer at opening ceremonies for the 2012 Paralympic Games in London